electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
19" Curtis Mathis TV has black screen on the bottom 1/2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: 19" Curtis Mathis TV has black screen on the bottom 1/2 Reply with quote

A black box (screen) within the tv screen appears in the bottom 1/2 of the screen with the upper 1/2 and a border around the black box and other part of the screen work perfectly. If I turn channel or hit the volume or any other button on the remote, goes away, but comes back after a few seconds. Thought it may have to do with the TV/Video button function, but doesn't do any help when I push the button. Any suggestions? Thanks!
JOYCE1951

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 19" Curtis Mathis TV has black screen on the bottom Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
A black box (screen) within the tv screen appears in the bottom 1/2 of the screen with the upper 1/2 and a border around the black box and other part of the screen work perfectly. If I turn channel or hit the volume or any other button on the remote, goes away, but comes back after a few seconds. Thought it may have to do with the TV/Video button function, but doesn't do any help when I push the button. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    If you get a answer to ypur problem, please let me know, my first tv did the black screen deal, now I hooked another tv up, and it is doing the same thing only the black is half way up the screen instead of the whole screen. Let me know if you hear of what it could possibly be, it is driving me nuts. Thanks Joyce W.
    Larry E

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: text box Reply with quote

Hi, try going into your "menu" and turning off "text, cc1, cc2, etc." or "closed captioning" every manufacturer is a little different so I`m not certain what your set will say but someone has turned on that feature
    by mistake, should be described in your owners manual, you didn`t
    throw it away right??? good luck, Larry E

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Hi Larry E.,

Thanks for the advice. I found the owner's manual tonight and it appears that was the problem. It's corrected now. Thanks again!

Joyce, I hope you saw the posting from Larry E.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: black box Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with my new 50" Toshiba. The only difference is the black box is dead centre of the screen....is that still closed captioning? It appears everytime a commercial comes on, channels are changed, or when the DVD changes (from intro to menu screen, menu screen to selection etc.). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
    You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия