electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Fuse?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dontwannafry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Fuse? Reply with quote

Embarassed Panasonic CT36SX12F only 2 years old, and when we turned it on it clicked, then nothing. Tryed unplugging it overnight, but it is still COMPLETELY dead. I've never tryed fixing a TV before, but am thinking of taking it apart enough to check for a blown fuse. Are there any shocks awaiting me inside even after set is unplugged? Does this sound like a blown fuse?
Mark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Horizontal deflection transistor Reply with quote

If mains fuse is OK, i assume that horizontal deflection transistor is short-circuit.

Is there any sound near switch-Mode power supply ?
If you hear low fuzzy sound near power supply, it is quite sure that those transistor is blown.

If your set is totally quiet, and fuse is OK, failure is power supply.

You have to be carefully because after rectifier there is electrolytic capacitor where is abt 330VDC if there is no load for power supply.
dontwannafry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Fuse? Reply with quote

Thanks - I really appreciate the response. Now that I've pulled the beast from it's perch, all I have to do is figure out how to get the chassis apart! No hums, so I guess I'll try to to find a fuse before taking it to someone who knows what they're doing.
dontwannafry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Fuse? Reply with quote

Thanks - I really appreciate the response. Now that I've pulled the beast from it's perch, all I have to do is figure out how to get the chassis apart! No hums, so I guess I'll try to to find a fuse before taking it to someone who knows what they're doing.
same thing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Panasonic CT-36SX12F Reply with quote

Your set blew a fuse back in OCT...
I have the same set ..
its about just over (2) years old &
it DID the same thing..
DEFINATLEY the fuse..
After you repalced the fuse............
what happened ?
mccastlej

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: opening your set (high voltage danger) Reply with quote

There is a high voltage wire in your set that if I remember right can carry over 10,000 volts. It is protected by thick red insulation, but it is the wire that goes into your picture tube. Might want to make sure you don't tug on this wire, or anything of the such. It holds a charge for a long time, so it doesn't matter if you unplug it, it is still there. There is a way to discharge it, but you are better off not unless you've done it before. Just though you should know, just in case you get the big shock. My old electronics instructor got it once, and he ended up having a heart attack at 40.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuse? Reply with quote

Dontwannafry wrote:
I've never tryed fixing a TV before, but am thinking of taking it apart enough to check for a blown fuse.

I would advise you to not take it apart and just bring it to a TV repair shop.
Atom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuse? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Dontwannafry wrote:
I've never tryed fixing a TV before, but am thinking of taking it apart enough to check for a blown fuse.

I would advise you to not take it apart and just bring it to a TV repair shop.

(was mistakenly logged in as 'guest')

el fuego

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: ct-36sx12f Reply with quote

How did you make out with your TV
I got the same problem ( no power at all )
ha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: kv-27v45 Reply with quote

el fuego wrote:
How did you make out with your TV
I got the same problem ( no power at all )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия