electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
AOC 5En Monitor Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: AOC 5En Monitor Problem Reply with quote

Hi! I'm having a problem with my AOC 5En monitor. It used to power on/turn on when I turn my AVR/UPS and computer on. But now, it always stays off and I have to maintain my press(push)on the monitor power button for it to continue displaying visuals. It all started when my kid accidentally pressed the power button on the monitor while I was working on a document. It is very difficult, even now a I type; I'm just using my right hand to type, while my left hand is holding a pen to aid me in pushing the monitor power button, so that I could see what I'm typing. So much for the push button power control...How I wish I just bought the monitor with the conventional switch type of monitor power control, instead of this useless, bugfull push button type power control like this in the AOC 5En color monitor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: AOC 5En Monitor Problem Reply with quote

carmen wrote:
Hi! I'm having a problem with my AOC 5En monitor. It used to power on/turn on when I turn my AVR/UPS and computer on. But now, it always stays off and I have to maintain my press(push)on the monitor power button for it to continue displaying visuals. It all started when my kid accidentally pressed the power button on the monitor while I was working on a document. It is very difficult, even now a I type; I'm just using my right hand to type, while my left hand is holding a pen to aid me in pushing the monitor power button, so that I could see what I'm typing. So much for the push button power control...How I wish I just bought the monitor with the conventional switch type of monitor power control, instead of this useless, bugfull push button type power control like this in the AOC 5En color monitor.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is not the switch, my guess is that it is in the powersupply area. Check the value of the low value and high value resistors and check/replace the electrolytic capacitors, especially the two small ones. Use high temperature replacements

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: AOC 5En Monitor Problem Reply with quote

carmen wrote:

I had the same problem with my aoc 5en. what I did is I took out the cover to expose the front control panel buttons and I just switch it on and put the cover back and took out the front panel button physically.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: AOC 5En Monitor Problem Reply with quote

carmen wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия