electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
thinkpad t23 repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: thinkpad t23 repair Reply with quote

I have a thinkpad t23 that will not post cinsistently. (I have removed and swapped every peripheral and ac adapter. The fan spins fast and slow, but it never posts. if I leave it unpowered for a week, it will work just fine.

I have checked other sites, and have learned some common problems with these models. Mine, however is not as simple as locating a loose smd component, or a resistor and resoldering. Anyone have any experience with this type of problem?
Lyon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Thinkpad T23 Power Reply with quote

Yes this would definately be a cap problem. they are faulty not alowing to discharge. Try unplugging battery and ac and press power 10 times and then hold in power for 20 seconds and retry. if doesnt work, definately will have to replace system board or all caps to be sure as very cheap. have done this with great success.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия