electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-X2982U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Sony KV-X2982U Reply with quote

Similar problems to another post on this site.

When switched on, standby light comes on and stays on, selecting any channel light goes off and horizontal line centre screen shows then flicks back to standby. Also clicking sound as if relay activated. Selecting any other buttons on the remote such as AV channels nothing happens. Prior to it failing occasionaly lines on top 20% of screen showing.

Cure for other post was to resolder IC1501 described as a 7 pin device mounted on a heatsink at the back of the board. However I cannot find any IC with that number, the only 7 pin IC with heatsink is a IC500 and resoldering this made no difference.

Are there any areas I can test to narrow the analysis, sorry but only have multimeter no scope or other test gear, but I did my HNC electronic eng more years ago than I care to remember, so not a complete novice but no Tv servicing practice.

Any help would be appreciated.
gary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on this model ic 500 is probably the cause, if resoldering has not cured the problem try replacing it with STV9379.
Another Guest

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Sony KV-X2982U Reply with quote

I've just had the identical problem problem occur with my Sony KV-X2982U. Can you let me know if there were any further developments with this thread? Any help much appreciated.
gary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAVE YOU TRIED THE ABOVE. COUNT THE NUMBER OF FLASHES IF THE SET SHUTS DOWN AS THAT GIVES AN INDICATION OF THE PROTECTION.
RobH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I had the same problem. Resoldering IC500 cured it. Thanks Gary!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия