electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Volkswagen Passat Gamma Radio Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bav

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Volkswagen Passat Gamma Radio Failure Reply with quote

Evening Folks,

I've just purchased a 2001 Volkswagen Passt which is fitted with a 'Gamma' Model radio which i think is made by Blaupunkt.

When i purchased the car from an auction, everything worked apart from the radio which i assumed didnt work as the battery was almost dead so i assumed it must've gone into shut-down mode and didn't start due to insufficient power in the battery.

now the car is working fine, starts ok, but their is still no power to the radio and cd player (separate units as i've got both tape & cd).

i cant work out the fuse layout as the fuse layout card doesn't tell you what fuse it should be, and the fuse reqd.

any help in sorting out this issue is very very much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Bav.
Vintageman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bav...If I remember correctly the VWs have a user code for the radios that has to be entered if the radio has been with out power for some time. As I understand it this is to deter any would be theives from stealing the radio. If they stole it they could not make it function without entering the code. The radio code should be in your owner's manual on a small card, and possibly printed in the manual also. If you do not have this, your VW dealer should be able to help you.

Hope this is of some help. Very Happy

Lynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия