electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need to build a simple circuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louie55

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Need to build a simple circuit Reply with quote

Hello, I am doing a project in which I have to change 120V AC to 12V DC to power some 12V lights and a water pump. I think I have the circuit designed, I just need some information on which components I should buy and/or where I can/should buy them from. Here is the schematic that I have:

(The 14V AC is coming from a heavy duty transformer)

I tested this circuit in MultiSim and it worked perfect with exactly 12V DC at the output. Now, here is the catch. I will need 15 to 20 amps of current through this circuit and that is where I need the advice. So, I guess my first question is, will a circuit like this work with 15-20 amps?? Or do I need to design it with different components for that kind of current?? If this type of circuit will work (with a beefy rectifier, capacitor, and zener diode), could you give me the part #'s of the correct components that I need. I have never shopped for electronic components before, so that is why I am asking. Also, where can I get the components from. I am guessing I will need pretty big components that can handle the amperage??? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Louie
louie55

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nevermind. After doing some research, it looks like I do what I want with a simple circuit because I just need too many amps. This circuit was for a camper to change the 120V to 12V DC when you are plugged in so you didn't have to use the battery. But it looks like I will have to get an RV power converter which can handle 60 amps.

Louie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия