electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Replacing LCD screens On LCD tv's?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Replacing LCD screens On LCD tv's? Reply with quote

I am looking at purchasing a lcd flat panel tv to use as a outdoor TV. I have been looking at damaged display flat panels on ebay and i was wondering how complicated is it to replace the lcd panel? Have any of you guys had any experiance w/ this?

I would normally just purchase a new unit but i do not want to pay $350+ mainly because i dont have the money.
R_ay

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning!! Having worked in an Authorized service facility, most if not all LCD replacements are usually more than a cost of new TV set (Parts& labor).

On a daily basis, we NEVER repair any LCD & or plasma unit under COD basis.(with the exception of some manf. warranty defects). Even most extended service contracts tend to want to offer cash credits instead of footing the repair bill---Again it simply has everything to do with the cost involved. ...So i'd strongly recommend against ANY damaged LCD product.

Ray

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about units that wont power on? I assume from the previous post that the main cost in a flat panel tv is the screen, but what about the power supply? I assume that would be cheap.

Why would an lcd display not power on?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless the cost of a faulty set is one your willing to write off your taking a big chance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия