electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 36 " Color TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCDubno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 36 " Color TV Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba 36" color TV. Its about 5 years old. Yesterday, after a storm, the tv went out. Now all I get is a blinging red light by the switch. The tube does not light up when I tern the TV on. The switch does not turn the blinking red light off ( I have to remove the plug) - Any Ideas Crying or Very sad. The set was connected to a power surge APC back-up
trimmanfl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: I have the same problem Reply with quote

I also have a Toshiba TV with a power light problem.

TV......Toshiba 36inch
Model...36A11
Chassis TAC0109
Mfg. Date Aug. 2001

I live in Central Florida. At this time we have tropical storm Alberto dumping lots of rain and lighting all over the state . This Tv made it through 3 hurricanes and many power spikes over the last 5 years . I have the tv open at this time . Let me know how to repair this problem .

Today ,A bolt from the sky hit close . I did not have my surge protection in place !

The tv will click . Then the red power button blinks . No sound or picture
The remote works to turn the tv on . Then the red power button just blinks .

I know a bit about radios,computers ,Fta, etc. What should I do .
edolago

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with that model but like other tv's, sometimes it is a shorted horizontal output transistor and an open protector that supplies the B+ to the horizontal (if any). If the red light is blinking, it means the regulator circuit is OK, and 5V for the system control is also OK. Other circuit has a protection diode like R2K or R2M. This protection could also be a cause to a trouble like this. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия