electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
NEC FE1250 Shortening top and bottom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyques1

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: NEC FE1250 Shortening top and bottom Reply with quote

Hi I know when the sides cave in it pincushining. What do you call it when its the top and bottom that starts to narrow? I have a FE1250 Multisync. It is now intermitantly compressing the top and bottom 1/2" of screen the returns to normal. This compression lasts seconds before going to normal. There have also been some random horazontal flickers.
Anyon have and idea where to look? I'm thinking it could just be a cap going bad? I dl the schematic, just need some direction on what may be at fault. Iv also thought of looking for cold solder joints on the flyback, but the problem happens when it warm not cold.
Any ideas would be great
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold solder joints are when the solder was applied too cold. This is because the larger components take away the heat from the solder bath during manufacture. If the temperature was increased then the smaller connections would be overheated.
Broken solder joints would be a better word, these happen when a component runs hot and expands, then is turned off to cool and switched back on again. This causes the solder to fracture.
Check for broken solder joints around the verticle output IC.

Let us know what you find. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия