electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Canon IXUS700 repair,where are the fuses? help, heres pics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EDManual

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Canon IXUS700 repair,where are the fuses? help, heres pics. Reply with quote

Hi there.

I have a 7mp Canon IXUS 700, it was dropped by my brother. So cant be fixed under warranty....they(canon) want $550 to fix it! 450 at another shop.

Its worth about $700 so not woth fixing. I pulled it apart, and got it going again, however the zoom wasnt working, or the flash. I should have been happy with that and left it alone. but, i had another Idea on how to fix the zoom, so did that, put it back together, turned it on, had the lens motor go for a bit to long, it went back in though, and now cant get any power at all. Button does nothing. Even when the lens or zoom isnt working, the power would work, and an E18 lens error would come up on the screen. Now nothing at all.

So, something must have blown, like a fuse!?

I looked and found a schematic diagram for the camera after a long search!

Got this :

its not clear to me what its pointing at.
Heres pics of these circuit boards its showing. Anyone know what is a fuse?

So when I know whats what, I can use my multimeter and look to see if theres still a connection inside the fuse. And order new ones from thefotogeeks.com

Thanks for helping!

I really want to have it at least turning on Smile

Heres a pic of it pulled apart. Ive had it in what must be near 100 bits!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know whats going on! The diagram shows the fuse in the air, and points to the gap where it goes!!! lol.

I tested the one on the small board (marked 2.6) and there is a connection through it, and on the other there is no connection! So I guess thats my problem. What do I do now? any other tests? hm

So If I get another fuse, I would leave the old one in and connect the new one to its connection? Or just put a wire over and miss the fuse altogether.(may damage something though)
cosmo83

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Please could you send me in MP the service manual for this camera, it will be a great help. Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия