electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Is a Current Regulator Needed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turner7A8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Is a Current Regulator Needed... Reply with quote

I've recently purchased a Magnavox {15" LCD-TV 15MF400T/37} which can operate on 12 volt DC input.
I want to use this TV in my RV - on a Standard 12 volt, Deep Cycle, Vehicle Electrical System - where voltage can vary from 10 - 15 volts depending on the state of discharge or recharge, etc.

Will it be necessary to regulate the current input (to the TV) with a constant current regulator, and/or voltage regulator ??
Or can I just plug it Straight IN ??
Thanks,
turner7A8

PS- The TV came with a 120 V. AC to 12 V., DC, 4.16 AMP converter and there's no documentation regarding vehicle usage and Magnavox Support
says there's no accessory for 12 volt DC to DC operation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could have a look at the power supply to your tv and figure out how well regulated it is? Please be careful if you try to examine the power supply for your tv. It can contain a LETHAL jolt of energy even if its unplugged!

However I think that I would go for a regulated 12 volt supply. Thats because the consumption is not relatively high and the cost building a supply is not very expensive. And then you get the right voltage all the time.

I don´t think you should use a current regulator since a current regulator tries to vary the voltage to keep the right current. But it would be good to put a short circuit protection to the voltage regulator. The "short circuit" current can be choosen.

Be careful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия