electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba TV quits @ bright light

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebekah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Toshiba TV quits @ bright light Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I know very little about electronics but I wanted to exhaust all my options before calling a repairman about my Toshiba TV set. The first thing I noticed about it was when I was playing my PS2 and pushed soft reset (all the buttons at once) to restart the game, the TV would shut off when the white opening screen came on. However, it also does it very randomly when I'm watching cable. It seems that there is some method to the madness (particularly when bright lights or colors appear on the screen) but I can't figure out what is triggering it to turn off. I am able to get it to turn back on by unplugging it, waiting for about 10 seconds, and then plugging it back in, but this is obviously quite a hassle. If there is anything I could possibly do to fix it on my own, keeping in mind that I'm very much a novice, please let me know. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to get in touch with a repairman.
Mel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Bright Reply with quote

Try turning the screen voltage down

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you do that? (Preferrably in layman's terms) Smile Thanks!
StarBaseONE2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: I agree with Mel. This sounds like an x ray protection circu Reply with quote

I agree with Mel. This sounds like an x ray protection circuit that is killing your set when it is at it's highest operating level. Not a novice repair I am afraid. I would contact your repairman. Good luck.
Mel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Bright Reply with quote

There is a black transformerwith a red wire coming out of the top and attached to the back of the CRT. That is the flyback transformer and it has two adjustment knobs on the back of it. Turn the bottom knob counterclockwise until you get a rewasonable brightness level on the CRT screen. If this doesn't correct the problem, you probalby have a power supply voltage regulator problem which needs professional help.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия