electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
help with yamaha dsp-ax620

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denr2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: help with yamaha dsp-ax620 Reply with quote

Hi,

My Yamaha DSP-AX620 AV amplifier switches itself off immediately after I switch it on. This is an intermittent problem, in that it will happen constantly for a while, then will 'fix' itself for a time (e.g. anywhere from a few days to a few weeks), before happening again.
The display comes on and the machine clicks on, but then it clicks off again straight away.

It started happening several months ago, out of the blue. The unit isn't over-used and doesn't get moved. However, the TV stand in which it sits, does get moved once every couple of weeks or so, but purely to gain access to cables at the rear.

In order to try and identify the cause of the problem, I disconnected all the speakers from the amplifier, one at a time (including the subwoofer), but it made no difference. I also tried disconnecting all of them together, so I think I can rule out shorts on any of the speakers, as the problem still happened.

I THINK the problem is the power cable, because at various times, I have managed to get the amplifier working by shaking the cable, or manipulating it into a particular position, however, at other times, this technique hasn't worked.

Has anyone come across this problem before and know what's wrong?

I will check the wiring connections at the amplifier and plug, but failing that, I will replace the power cable. What sort of cable would I need?
I'm based in the UK.

Any other suggestions???

Thanks in advance.
edolago

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your amplifier switched-off, and the lights on the front panel or display panel were off too, the trouble is from the power cord (AC input) or somewhere in the power circuit of the amplifier. It is a poor solder contact on the circuit board. Sometimes it is a leaky filter capacitor that supports the relay to trigger ON.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия