electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic CT-20G6E 20" TV Power Button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab3246

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Panasonic CT-20G6E 20" TV Power Button Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic CT-20G6E that several months after purchasing in 2001, would power up automatically when I pressed the "power" button on my remote control with the intention of turning the tv off. I would press the "power" button with the remote to turn off the tv and as the tv was turning off, I would hear a loud click, the screen would go dark, but within a second or two, the tv would turn on again. This has gone on for several years, and I just put up with it.

However, now when I push the power button on my remote, the tv doesn't start up at all and when I try to manually turn on the tv's power button, it still doesn't go on. So I'm thinking that I need to replace a faulty power button on the tv. Would this be a correct assumption and can it be done or do I just purchase a new tv?

Thanks,
Andrea
fongs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

One thing u would want to ascertain is whether u have a remote controller problem or the TV itself is faulty.

Your 1st problem seems to point to a faulty remote controller... I serviced a tv that display a similar problem (ie. power off but on again immediately after I press Power button on remote). It turns out to be a stuck/ dirty power button on the remote.

I would suggest this:

1. Remove batteries from your remote controller - this is to make sure you're NOT controlling the tv with the remote

2. Go to front panel of tv set, press the Power button. U should see a red light on

3. Press Channel Up or Down. If your tv powers up, chances are you've a bad remote controller. U should then service or purchase a new controller for your tv.

Hope it helps. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия