electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 29PT9416, flashing red light
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dry joints" are cracked solder connections. The components are soldered in and need to be resoldered. Because heat expands and cold contracts as solder joints heat and cool they crack and cause intermittent connections. Reheating them and applying more solder fixes the problem. As lefteris said his poor solder connections were on transformer No. 5204. If it doesn't move, I resolder what ever I can get at.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys, I found it - resolder it and everything is OK.[/img]
sv1ui

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: It worked, thanks! Reply with quote

Hello Kostas, Liakos,

I guess we all bought this TV from the same big supermarket chain in Greece... I had the same problem, I re-soldered many of the ugly-looking joints on transformers and some electrolytics on the power supply PCB, as you suggested, and the TV worked fine! Thanks!

P.D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия