electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need Service Manual for JVC Hifi system MX-D4T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Need Service Manual for JVC Hifi system MX-D4T Reply with quote

Hello!

I need the service manual of JVC Hifi system MX-D4T.
Could you help me out.
Can sent a copy to [email protected]

Thanks,
Bappy....
jon_cbew

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: re: service manual for JVC Hifi system MX-D4T. Reply with quote

Regarding this manual, does anyone have it?

Ours stopped playing cd's, and i opened it up to see why. the mechanism to load cds is fine, but when it comes to playing the cds, the mechanism does not even spin, and the laser just keeps bouncing up and down for a little.

thanks in advance!

jon
Fixedit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: JVC MX-D4T Compact Component System CD playing fault Reply with quote

A common fault on the JVC MX-D4T is the cd player, it seems that the lens loses focus or a component in the lens control changes tolerance,(please follow any precautionary measures when dealing with live electronic components).
Anyway power on select 'Disk 3' button,this will bring the laser and disk drive mechanism to the upper level of the machine for easy access,eject the disk tray to keep the mechanism clear, then unplug the unit to avoid electric shock but do not turn off power by the panel switch as it will close the draw.
-Remove upper cover-6 bordering screws at the back and 2 on the front left & right sides.
-Now consentrating on the top part (CD unit) you will see a black plastic moulding in the centre,this is retained by a small brass screw to the left and has a hooked metal wire attached to it in the front, remove these and remember how it is fitted and slide the plastic moulding out to the left and up.
-You should have a clear view of the lens unit, you should also notice a little yellow plastic adjustable resistor screw.
-Now lift the frame that it is mounted on from the back as far as the leaf cable will allow-gently and with a small watch repair screwdriver turn the resistor type adjusting screw clockwise (from view of the screw) by 10 to15 degrees.
-Place the mechanism back into position-this should fall quite easily back into position with its floating rubber mounts.
-Replace the plastic moulding paying particular attention to the white plastic spring loaded mechanism that is mounted to the front end of the machine- the plastc moulding should go under this mechanism too.
- Replace brass screw and metal wire into the same position as it was.
- Replace cover
- Plug in power
- Eject any cd tray and load a disk to test.

This worked like a miracle for me, if yours did not work, try adjusting the lens screw abit more or less.

Good luck
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $9.99 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
tadrich

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: thank you, Fixedit! Reply with quote

Your laser adjustment did the trick on my MX-D4T. Brilliant! -tr
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful... you might put someone's eye out. Rider: Scopeless sniper with high clip/fire rate (Reference to A Christmas Story and the Red Ryder BB Gun. Also a reference to the Rakk Hive, since you can only get the gun during the quest to kill the Rakk Hive and the Rakk Hive's weak points are its eyes).
laconcombremasque

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: JVC MX-D4T Compact Component System CD playing fault Reply with quote

Fixedit,
you are my hero.

I'm not a big techie or DIY guru. I simply followed your very detailed instructions. So clear, that ANYBODY can do it, even me. You brought back to life my old beloved sound system (with the long lost ability to set the wake up alarm by choosing any track on any of the 3 cds in the charger...)

THANK YOU

all the best
Fixedit wrote:
A common fault on the JVC MX-D4T is the cd player, it seems that the lens loses focus or a component in the lens control changes tolerance,(please follow any precautionary measures when dealing with live electronic components).
Anyway power on select 'Disk 3' button,this will bring the laser and disk drive mechanism to the upper level of the machine for easy access,eject the disk tray to keep the mechanism clear, then unplug the unit to avoid electric shock but do not turn off power by the panel switch as it will close the draw.
-Remove upper cover-6 bordering screws at the back and 2 on the front left & right sides.
-Now consentrating on the top part (CD unit) you will see a black plastic moulding in the centre,this is retained by a small brass screw to the left and has a hooked metal wire attached to it in the front, remove these and remember how it is fitted and slide the plastic moulding out to the left and up.
-You should have a clear view of the lens unit, you should also notice a little yellow plastic adjustable resistor screw.
-Now lift the frame that it is mounted on from the back as far as the leaf cable will allow-gently and with a small watch repair screwdriver turn the resistor type adjusting screw clockwise (from view of the screw) by 10 to15 degrees.
-Place the mechanism back into position-this should fall quite easily back into position with its floating rubber mounts.
-Replace the plastic moulding paying particular attention to the white plastic spring loaded mechanism that is mounted to the front end of the machine- the plastc moulding should go under this mechanism too.
- Replace brass screw and metal wire into the same position as it was.
- Replace cover
- Plug in power
- Eject any cd tray and load a disk to test.

This worked like a miracle for me, if yours did not work, try adjusting the lens screw abit more or less.

Good luck
pttq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: works for me too Reply with quote

I'd like to report that the instructions provided by Fixedit has also resurrected the CD playing function on my unit. I was amazed. I wonder what was changed by the 15 degree clockwise turn on the resistor screw.
stevoj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Worked like a charm Reply with quote

Stumbled across this trying to see if you could disable Compu-Play. Worked great! I have my CD player back. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this didn't work for me on my GE Spacemaker but it has worked on other cd players occasionally...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия