electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony WEGA KV-34HS510 Discoloration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TNGAL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Sony WEGA KV-34HS510 Discoloration Reply with quote

I have some discoloration in this set at the Upper Top Right and Lower Bottom Left of the Screen.

Is this a terrible problem? What can I do? Will it get worse? How much to repair?

Any information, advise will be appreciated. THANKS! Smile
StarBaseONE2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Have you attempted a degaussing of the screen? Reply with quote

Have you attempted a degaussing of the screen? If this helps trace down and check the the thermister near where the main A.C. hits the board. Maybe this will help.
Greg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sony WEGA KV-34HS510 Discoloration Reply with quote

TNGAL wrote:
I have some discoloration in this set at the Upper Top Right and Lower Bottom Left of the Screen.

Is this a terrible problem? What can I do? Will it get worse? How much to repair?

Any information, advise will be appreciated. THANKS! Smile

I had the same problem and it was caused by the yoke slipping on the back of the tube. It took him about 15 minutes to get the picture fixed but he said the yokes on these seem to slip pretty easy.. Glad I have a warranty.. Laughing
Do not degause the tube by any means other than the auto-degaus that happens when the TV is turned on. According to the repair man I had, he said the degausing of the trintron tube should only be done once per power cycle and it is done when the power is turned on.. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Sony WEGA KV-34HS510 Discoloration Reply with quote

Just a quick note before manually degausing or opening the set.
We used to get many phone calls if the set was moved or after a storm with these symptoms.
First ensure no magnets next to the t.v like hi-fi speakers and then switch off the set from the main mains on/off switch (not using the remote) or unplug from mains and leave for a couple of hours to cool and when you switch on again it should be o.k if not you may have to do it manually but I would assume the posistor is faulty as StarBaseONE2 suggests.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Sony WEGA KV-34HS510 Discoloration Reply with quote

I've heard peole have used an electric drill to manually degause although I personally have never tried it but it may work as it produces a symetrical a.c waveform from the motor windings.
Anybody else tried it?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the exact same TV and it has the discoloration on the bottom left corner. It's a bright green blotch in the lower left corner.
razorxpress

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: discoloration Reply with quote

My brother fell of the tv from a sofa, with small home service every thing was normal except discoloration. The board was broken, but it worked. Now after several month whole screen discolorised to pale pink, although color is still present. I took to sony maintainence jamal(kathmandu). They told me picture tube had gone or dying and they cannot fix it. Is it possible a broken picture tube still functions. Do i have to take it somewhere else or is it finished Crying or Very sad
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow mask has detached inside the picture tube.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode_ray_tube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия