electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips TV Remote doesn't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhaxe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Philips TV Remote doesn't work Reply with quote

After 2 years of use, my Philips TV remote control has stopped working. I press buttons, but the TV does not respond. The little red LED on the TV doesn't even blink after remote control buttons are pressed, as it once did.

The distance between the remote and the TV does not affect its function. To my knowledge, the remote has never gotten wet or been dropped violently.

I don't see a model number or anything, but here's a picture I've taken of it:

And yes, I've tried new batteries. The real problem is that this particular TV cannot be programmed to universal remotes.

Thanks very much for any help or suggestions,
Dan
gary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

model of tv may help with diagnosis as fault could be tv, have you tried a different remote?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Philips Remote Reply with quote

My remote did the same thing couple of years ago for no reason. Not droped, wet or anything. Just stopped dead. Fortunately my video remote also worked the TV so I was able to determine it was the remote and not the TV. I got a new genuine Philips remote (u use the TV Model No.) from the Philips agent in Newcastle. Sent a cheque and they put it in the post. Cost around $65 from memory. Sorry can't remember agents name, but ring Philips for the info
Tech

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for cracked solder joints on the board. Particularly the IR LED.
fongs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: have u tried this..? Reply with quote

Hi,

This may sound silly but...

1. try removing the batteries;

2. randomly press any button on the remote for a few times;

3. replace with fresh batteries & try it out...

sometime it works! step #2 is to remove & residue charge on the capacitor in your remote.

good luck... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия