electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
DSC-F707 or DSC-F717
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peskydan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mariuss

Interesting that the zener protecting the battery status signal was the one that died. Is there anything else connected to that that could have caused damage? There may still be a secondary fault present.

I've had a quick look through the service manual now - if you look at the level 1 service manual you'll find they have deliberately omitted the part numbers for the high voltage assemblies. I think it might be a safety issue, though I'm surprised its missing from the level 2 manual as that is presumably what they would be using internally at Sony. It might be worth asking Umberto whether he has service manuals for the DSC-F505/F505V, the F828 or the R1, H1 etc, as one of them might possibly use the same strobe unit, and if we are lucky the service manuals for those might just have the information in we need.

You could possibly just replace the xenon tube with one from a different camera, though from what I remember about strobes it's important to choose the right series inductor to control the current of the pulse or you can get overshoot and reverse polarity which would damage the electrodes. But I'm pretty sure that any tube from a camera with a similar flash guide-rating would likely be a good match - there aren't all that many manufacturers of strobe lamps anyway, so as long as you pick one from a Japanese source theres a good chance its the exact same lamp as the 707 anyway!

Have you dismantled the pop-up assembly to see if theres a part number on the back of the tube itself? If you are in europe, you could always charge a capacitor from a rectified mains source and just discharge it through the tube to see if it does actually work or not.

Dan
mariuss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

I have dismantled the pop-up assembly and found a code on the lamp it is 19R. I did not find any other details about this lamp. It is not the same model in DSC-F828 or at least does not physically look the same. I did not find the service manual for other Sony digital camera so I do not have anything else to compare with. I will try during the weekend to see if I can find a way to test the flash unit outside of the camera.

Marius
kriwoel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Repair Manual F707 Reply with quote

Hi Marrius or Umbreto or Sharmilla,
Can you share the Srvice Manual for Sony F-707 for me? please email me to [email protected]
Thanks and best regard.
Leo
kriwoel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks a lot Umberto Reply with quote

Smile
matara

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: service manual f717 Reply with quote

i read somebody (Umberto) has the service manual for sony f717. i have one but yesterday i discovered that all the buttons on the left (id: ae lock, whhite balance, manual focus) just stopped working.
i tried to open the case of the still camera but i was able to remove everything except what i needed Sad.

i hope it's just a problem of cleaning

could you, umberto, or someone else send me the manual (level 2 and/or 3) please please please?

my email is

[email protected]

p.s. umberto, if you're italian, i'm italian too, so we can write in italian...
Maria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: please Reply with quote

mariuss wrote:
Thank you, Umberto. I got the files (FREE OF CHARGE !!!)

Razz Razz Razz

Dear Mariuss. Please could you share service manuals for DSC_F717 with me. My e-mail is artamonova @ gmail.com
LuisFX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Copy of F707 service manual Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have a F707 and I also need the service manual, if someone could share it with me it would be awesome. [email protected]

also, if someone else also had the problem with the flash not working and can give me a heads up on how you went about fixing the issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Luis.
silver ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hi could anyone in here send me the service manual for the Sony F717 i did mail umberto but no reply.. maybbe busy .. any help is greatly appreciated...
thanks
[email protected]

peskydan wrote:
Thanks Umberto!!! I too got the files - perfect high quality PDF files, completely free of charge.

I can't thank you enough Umberto.

Dan - A very happy bunny.
ivogd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: F707 won't focus, badly need the repair manual(s) Reply with quote

Guys,

I have F707 and some time ago I dropped it on the floor. It stopped focusing. I read a few forums on the net about the "smack" method, but it didn't work for me (actually, it worked only temporarily).
Coould someone please share the F707 repair manual(s) with me? ([email protected]) - I hope that something got disconnected and I could probably avoid a costly repair by fixing it myself...

thanks in advance for your help,
Ivo
GertB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: DSC-F707 Service/Repair manual Reply with quote

Hello everyone...
From what I've read on here, one or two of you may be abble to help me.
I also dropped my Camera, and now the some parts feel a little "loose"...
I'm staying in South Africa, and Manuals are not that easily available.

If someone can help me by sending me a Manual, I will be very grateful...
email address is : [email protected]

Razz Regards
Gert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия