electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Ati FIre gl Graphics Card broken inductor needs repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecyrusvirus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Ati FIre gl Graphics Card broken inductor needs repair Reply with quote

Hi

i have an ati fire gl v7100 graphics card and one of the inductors has come away from its base. I have tried resoldering it to the base but the enamelled wire doesnt really hold very well.

The value on the inductor is 6r8x

It looks like this one

http://www.bourns.com/pdfs/sdr0906l.pdf

but the dimensions are much smaller on the one on the ati card. Going by the lettering on this diagram it measures:

a = 4mm
b = 3.5mm
c= 2.5mm

I cant get a measurement for d as there doesnt appear to be a stripe on the bottom of the coil. Although it is mounted on a base with four terminals but I havent desoldered that from the board.

Can anyone give advice on where i can get the correct part in the uk or eu and if there are any particular precautions when soldering the new part to the board.

What is the function of this component?

Thanks in advance

Cyrus
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyrus,
It would be a heck of a lot less hassle to simply try soldering it back. Seriously doubt if you'd be able to buy one of the coils. In general, most of SMD components have a minimum count purchase. Your best bet is to get one from anothet junk card. Not sure of the role, but proly it is used along the power supply line as some sort of a filtering.
Unless the wire is flat broke at the very end, it should be easy to solder it back. As far as enamel, you can scrape just enuff & use a bit of solder flux to tin the wire .

Ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия