electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Zenith Rear Projection Problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jkuper21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Zenith Rear Projection Problems Reply with quote

I have a Zenith TV set, and it is getting sound, but no picture, the sound breaks when i change the channels, but nothing appears on the screen, if anybody has any suggestions, let me know at [email protected], thatnk you.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like no high voltage. Modle # would help. You can order a replacement power supply board.
jkuper21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: zenith big screen problems Reply with quote

the model number is Z60Z83D8
and the serial number is 781-16291392
Manufactured July of 97
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power supply/sweep module 9-1674-03.
http://www.tvparts.com/
$95/$105 cost. List, double it. To get a password from them you must email them. I don't even bother to trouble shoot them. Plop a new/reman module in it and be done with it. All you have to adjust is the verticle height.
jkuper21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u for the reply... how sure are u that this is the problem, and what could i do to troubleshoot it to know for sure....
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 modules in it. Power/sweep, video, and convergence. #1 replaced is where I led you. I can't guarantee anything. But that's what I would do. OR Pay about $400. I doubt its convergence. Doubt it's on the video board. Unless that’s where they put the horizontal circuit. You learn by trying. To replace all 3 boards would be about the same. I've been wrong before BUT, 90% sure.
jkuper21

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I took it apart, i'm guessing that the power supply board is the one that the power wire runs into... and the one to the left of it is the video.... The only wire that i see giving me a problem is the thicker red one that runs into the top of some grey transformer thing(sorry about the vague descriptions).... Can i just cut this wire, and reattach it to the new board?... Also, is there any high voltage i need to worry about when doing this swap?.... When the new board is installed, will there be anything else i need to do before i can plug it in and turn it on?... I appreciate all of your help and advice that you have given me thus far, I'm sure i'll need some more... Thank you.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the new board and swap wires for wires. Cut and splice is the LAST option.
mark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you twist the wire to remove it. its held in with a clip.

NO CUTTING!
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. But, I've had to do it. Very very last option! So yes, your right. Don't cut it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия