electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Seagate ST3250823AS SATA hard drive PC board replacement???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ham fisted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Seagate ST3250823AS SATA hard drive PC board replacement??? Reply with quote

I've recently damaged a new Seagate Baracuda 7200.8 hard drive. It still spins up, but is not recognized as installed when the PC boots up. In fact, even the HDD it's slaved to won't show up. It has been sugested that replacing the pc board may solve the problem.

So, my question:
Can a replacement pc board for this HDD be obtained?
If so, where?
So far, the only way I can find is to purchase another HDD and use the pcb from that.
Thx for any help with this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you disconnect the Seagate is the slave drive is reconized?
ham fisted

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be so long in answering your response to my question. I've been off on other things.
I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but the situation is like this:
If the damaged drive is slaved to either of the other two drives, the damaged drive and the good drive it is slaved to are not recognized.
If either of the good drives is slaved to the damaged drive, it and the damaged drive are not recognized.

In other words, no mater which position it is connected in, the damaged drive makes the complete master/slave unit unrecognizable during the POST process.
ham fisted

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if it is connected in a stand alone position, neither slaved or with a slave, it is not recognized.

As to how it was damaged, I had set it up as an external HDD. While it was turned on, I picked it up and quickly turned it over to look at the underside of the case. It bumped, jumped and mad a thump sound. I immediately knew I had torqued the spinning discs. It's possible I have damaged the heads, but the way it acts through the boot process may indicate pcb damage.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you found any sollution to your problem?
I am having the same problem as you, What is going on with Seagate?
Please write Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия