electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 28PW9623/05 MD2.25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Philips 28PW9623/05 MD2.25 Reply with quote

Hi

I've had the above tv for around 5 years with no problems except for a remote control that for a year or so wouldn't turn the tv off (to standby). Then a few months ago the remote suddenly started to work again though to be honest I tend not to leave the tv on standby,so thought nothing more of it. The tv doesn't generally get a great deal of use. Last week when the weather was very hot the kids wanted to stay indoors and so watched a couple of dvd's. After a few hours they came to tell me the tv had gone on to standby by itself and they couldn't get it to start again. When I looked at the tv it would not switch on. The only signs of life were the standby light which kept flashing. There was also the slight trace of an odour which my initial thoughts were that something might have been burning in the tv. Has anyone any idea what this might be.
One other thing that might be of no relevance. Over winter I had rearranged the connections between the tv, dvd and sat for reasons to do with infra red set up on another tv. I recently reconnected them in their original format. It all worked fine at first and then recently when I switched on the tv/sat, the dvd would come on an instantly start recording.

It'd take it to the repair shop but the last time i took anything there I was told pointless and may as well bin (one very expensive microwave).

Any pointers would be appreciated.
gary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHECK AND REPLACE C2418 IN LINE OUTPUT STAGE, 220pF 2KV CAP, IT MAY ALSO HAVE DAMGED THE LINE OUTPUT TRANSISTOR 7421, IF LINE TRANSISTOR HAS FAILED ALSO REPLACE 7470.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Gary. Any idea where I might lay my hands on the schematics for this tv. I appreciate your comments which at this point are way over my head. However I have a mate coming to visit who is an electrical engineer and might be able to help me with this.

Thanks again

A
gary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

available on this site just search under md2.25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Gary, I'll have a look and see how far out of my depth I am Shocked
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, I've managed to find the schematics and locate the relevant capacitor and transistors. Capacitor C2418 looks burnt out visually (all bubbled and blackened), although I can't see anything obviously wrong with the transistors, though I'll replace them as recommended. Where can I find the replacement parts (I live in the sticks in France hence part of the reason I am looking at it myself). My mate will be here in a week so I've warned him I'll be looking for some help. Mind you he's more used to pc's than tv's.

Once again thanks for all the help.

A
gary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAPLIN IN THE UK SHOULD HAVE THEM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've finally managed to change the parts as suggested, when I tried the telly, there was no signs of life except for a rapid ticking noise from inside Shocked . No standby light or anything else. My soldering might not have been too great on one of the transistors as the heatsink was making it difficult to get a good hot solder but I thought i'd sorted it.

If anyone recognises the symptoms or has any suggestions all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия