electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
AOC lm700 tft flickering back light problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onewatt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: AOC lm700 tft flickering back light problem Reply with quote

Hi group.

I have a aoc lm700 tft monitor which shortly after switch on starts flickering between bright and normal display. screen info is not affected but the display has horizontal bright patches accross display area. I guess its to do with the back light control and may be a cap going down. it resembles the effect of a flourescent tube starting and once started wont stop.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Chris
guest123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: AOC lm700 tft flickering back light problem Reply with quote

onewatt wrote:
Hi group.

I have a aoc lm700 tft monitor which shortly after switch on starts flickering between bright and normal display. screen info is not affected but the display has horizontal bright patches accross display area. I guess its to do with the back light control and may be a cap going down. it resembles the effect of a flourescent tube starting and once started wont stop.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Chris

try to swap the power connecting to the inverter board from panel.
it might help
cccp1954

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: aoc monitor backlight problem Reply with quote

i just found an aoc lm700 moitor myself, and was delighted when i turned it on and watched my boot-up screen - for a moment- then it went black!!! [the backlight went out] i could still faintly see the image in glorious black! my first thought, and i haven't ruled it out as a solution, was to put my own inverter power supply in and power up the backlight. this would probably work, but it may compromise the ability to control the brightness. [these little inverter are available at most places that sell computer components, and are uased to power cold-cathode (neon) tubes in custom computer cases, and usually cost about fifteen bucks] then i JUST for the hell of it, did some searching forums about this monitor, and found that there is a known defect in the MCU chip that will cause this malfunction. i then found several sites offering this chip on the average about$59usd, and as high as $89usd. so, that being said, if you're a 'hacker', and/or on a limited budget, you might try lighting up the backlight with a seperate supply [remember to disconnect the monitor's supply!], or, try the cip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия