electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Becker AM-FM-SW car radio - Mexico BE2340 - AM Sensitivity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichardH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Becker AM-FM-SW car radio - Mexico BE2340 - AM Sensitivity Reply with quote

I write to ask if anyone knows whether there's an AM sensitivity adjustment within the Becker BE2340 car receiver. I've located two potentiometers on the RF amp. board, but after several tries at getting solid information from different sources as to their function, I'm a bit reluctant to adjust these thinking they could affect the electronic tuning stop points, etc.

It's beginning to appear that any Becker service information is being held quite close-to-the-chest by those who have it, with "proprietary" being an understatement. These receivers were, however, discontinued in 2004 so one could think that pertinent service information might now be easier to come by.

I live in a rural area far from strong AM signals on the 540-1600Khz standard broadcast band and want to improve this BE2340's reception of weak signals. I am certain that the antenna and its coax leadin are not the source of the problem.

Any information useful to help boost this receiver's sensitivity will be much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия