electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
NEC FP2141sb over-brightness problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarCal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: NEC FP2141sb over-brightness problem Reply with quote

I have a FP2141sb with an over-brightness problem. To acheive a good black level and keep the image from being washed out i have to crank the brightness control all the way down to zero.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm pretty sure i could do it in the service menu/factory mode for the monitor but i don't know how to enable it. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure of the cause of your problem, but I am sure you have already measured that the B+ is within specification.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i finally figured out how to enter the factory mode and it solved pretty much everything. The brightness is now fixed plus i also fixed up the convergence and focus and a slight green tint the colors had! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you enter the factory mode? Maybe someone else here may need to know? Smile
    WarCal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh you're right, here it is

(1)Power ON with EXIT button depressed, let go of EXIT and immediatly press it again, the following OSM picture should appear

HW-OW-02
    FACT DATA

(2)Press (-) button once to set the data value to 255.

(3)Press (+) button to set the data value to 5.

(4)Press SELECT button to to move to the factory mode.

(5)To exit factory mode set the data value to 10 then press SELECT.

Man that was a biatch to figure out. I ended up buying the service manual for the Mitsubishi DP2070SB in hope that the unlock methods would be similar, thankfully i was right. Very Happy

I also uploaded the service manual to this site.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
    You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия