electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 28CL6770 28" TV-Intermittent shutdown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garswood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Philips 28CL6770 28" TV-Intermittent shutdown Reply with quote

I have a problem with a Philips 28CL6670/25Z 28" 4:3 TV.

The right hand side of the picture starts to distort, if the distortion gets too much it powers down to standby mode. If you tap sharply on the case before it shuts down the distortion ceases and it's OK again for a while.

This suggests a bad/dirty contact somewhere but removal and insertion of all connectors hasn't cured the problem.

Any help appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the set has dry joints, try resoldering the line output and drive areas of the tv, also on those sets the connector on the scan coils suffers with dry joints
garswood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 'Guest'

Always suspected d/j's but your suggestion confirmed it.
I have now re-soldered most large through hole joints (line xformer, connectors etc.) on the main board but now TV stays in the standby mode - cannot get it to power up fully.
Suspect it's because I've had boards out -have heard of some tv's going into a mode that needs re-setting but don't know how to do this.

Any help appreciated.
deandany

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

Hi garswoog.
i too have a similar problem ... i have mentioned it in foll. link http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=17192

Can u guide me on what to do?

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия