electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA Rear Projection P61929

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvin423

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: RCA Rear Projection P61929 Reply with quote

Can anyone help? My RCA 61 rear projection TV (model # P61929) menu comes up on the screen while we are watching and neither my wife or myself is "punching" buttons on the remote. The menu stays on for about 10 to 20 seconds then disappears but we can't control the volume on the TV or change channels on the TV. If we select the TV button on the remote while the MENU is on screen it goes to the next screen with MUTE on top, if we select TV again the volume is muted. Using the satellite feed we can change channels for viewing other programs but not change channels for viewing DVD, etc. Occasionally after a short period of time we can use volume controls again, or if I "mess" around with the controls on the TV I sometimes get the volume to work around but there is no set sequence that I found for the same result. The ON/OFF switch on the TV will not always work until I randomly push other buttons (channel, volume, etc.) If we do nothing when the menu comes on the screen it sometimes will not affect the volume if we wait for 10 or more minutes. Can anyone help with this problem or advise me what to do? Thanks. Calvin.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The control switches on the front of the set are the problem. Either someone cleaned the screen and the fluid flowed down on to the switches contaminating them or one or more of the switches has become 'leaky' all by themselves. You need to either replace the entire switch assy or each switch individually.

MD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия