electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
ripped off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: ripped off Reply with quote

my philips 28pw6332/05 t.v. broke down and it cost me £112 to get it fixed
but when he gave me the quote on the phone i offerd him more money if he could but an out side connection for external front middle speaker...
he said yes and he would do it free with the job,,,and he said he would have to disconect the internal speaker as it would be dangerous running external and internal,,,i agreed and said yes to the extera job...
i got the t.v. back working with picture,,,but the mid internal speaker was working and the external was working as well (( he told me this was dangerous ))..
then i set up the front and rear speakers and the rear out put was not working (( the rear sound was down ))...
the shop told me he did me a favour fitting the external speaker fitting and he was not responsible for rear output not working and he would only put the extra free job back to origanal way it was,,,
i know a bit about electrics,,,just a bit,,,i think he has blown my rear speakers...
the origanal breakdown was to do with t.v. power and a chip for power....im going to the shop tomorrow to face the repair man and try and get him to fix what i think he has done wrong,,,,may be he has wrecked my t.v. and i can do nothing,,,,i just dont know,,,,,Anybody out there can help Sad
voivoda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: check out Reply with quote

if you have multimeter ...check out for all speaker outputs for signal (AC ~20V)
THE GREAT OZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: PHILLIPS TV SPEAKERS Reply with quote

HELLO, To begin with the addition of speakers to a unit has to involve the understanding of the total watts to be loaded, and that the amplifier is to be isolated. In television systems the chassis is allways floting at approx. 80 volt with respect to earth ground. This is what would make the addition of exsternal speakers dangerous without the use of audio isolation transformers installed in the circuit. Also most power amps in tv systems are a closed loop. That is to say that they will have a pos. and neg. output to the speaker only and only the b+ will have chassis ground. Somtimes techs will attempt to use both the left and right pos. output to create the center or middel channel. This seldom works and will almost allways result in the damage of the amp IC itself. Most tv amps are in the 20watt or less zone so trying to get somthing for nothing is the wrong idea. A seperate amp or center processor with amp is the correct answer. OZ Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия