electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP-43T75 Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fudman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Sony KP-43T75 Problem Reply with quote

I have an unusual problem with my KP-43T75 rear projection TV that the Sony Direct Response Center nor the local Sony repair man can diagnose. The TV went blank when my kids were watching so they shut it off. When I powered it up, the red TIMER/STANDBY light blinks once and then stays on. There is no flashing error code, just one blink and it stays on. There is no video or sound. I also cannot shut the TV off with either the remote or the front panel on/off switch. The only thing I can do is unplug it.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding this problem? Is the TV toast? Any help would be appreciated.
Kurious1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: KP-43T75 RE: Fudman Reply with quote

Kurious as to know what solved the problem with your Sony screen tv. I have the same problem. Thanks. [email protected]
Kurious1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KP-43T75 Problem Reply with quote

Fudman wrote:
I have an unusual problem with my KP-43T75 rear projection TV that the Sony Direct Response Center nor the local Sony repair man can diagnose. The TV went blank when my kids were watching so they shut it off. When I powered it up, the red TIMER/STANDBY light blinks once and then stays on. There is no flashing error code, just one blink and it stays on. There is no video or sound. I also cannot shut the TV off with either the remote or the front panel on/off switch. The only thing I can do is unplug it.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding this problem? Is the TV toast? Any help would be appreciated.

[email protected] would like to know what you figured-out with your Sony.
Kurious

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-43T75 no power-up Reply with quote

Can anyone let me know if they have any ideas as to a power-on light is working, no codes, no picture, no sound, and a must unplug for a retry only symptom. The main fuse is ok. Any help would be appreciated.
cory

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not 100% sure but this chassis might have pcb mounted on ride side looking from back,with 2 convergence ics on it.also 2 3.15 amp fuses.check fuses,if one open change ics (stk392-010) and fuse.
Kurious1

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-43T75 Reply with quote

Thanks Cory. It does have the 2 Chips, but I can only locate 1 fuse. I will double check. God Bless.Kurious.
Kurious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Kurious Reply with quote

Both IC,s have been replaced. TV has only 1 fuse- which is good. Anyone for some more ideas. Thanks. K.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with the basics, check the horizontal out put transistor near the flyback to see if it's shorted.
Kurious1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: KP43T75 Reply with quote

I really appreciate your help- but I just threw it out. SONY's suck. Who do you recommend as a fair manufacturer? Thanks. K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия