electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Magnavox 17MD255V

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Magnavox 17MD255V Reply with quote

I have a Magnavox 17MD255V LCD TV that I installed on my boat. It works great, but I have one problem. In order to use it, I must either have my generator running, or my inverter on. From what I understand, the TV is actually 12Volt. The cord has a converter to go from AC to DC. I use between 75% and 150% more energy by having to run the inverter or generator to operate it. Magnavox does not have a cord available to hook directly to 12 Volt. Does anyone have a schematic of the cord? Is there any problem with hooking it directly to my DC system?

Thanks
Barry
billk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi barry,

i am considering purchasing a 17md255v for my boat and have the same concern. it seems like a nice unit but i want to be able to use it when on the hook, and don't want to have to plug the 110v cord into a 12v inverter just to have the power cord convert it back to 12v which appears to be the input the tv uses. have you had any luck in finding a 12v power cord to replace to 110v cord that comes with the unit or, if not, in determining if you could simply cut the provided wire and attaching a 12v cigarette lighter plug on the end to plug into the boat's 12v system?

thanks,
bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия