electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Denon DRA-685
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

togusdream,
We assume you installed new resistors for the ones that you clipped?
togusdream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: dra 685 Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback....i dont have the expertise to try to use your advice....but appreciate your time and thought......will have to spend the $$$ for someone who knows what they are doing. Would you advise getting this model fixed or go for a newer one? Had been told that newer models are not as well made and are more throw-aways...than this older model which was worth fixing.
togusdream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: DRA685 Reply with quote

jts1957 Just found your reply. No, i did not replace the resistors. Would the Protection Message continue to show without replacements??

Duh, so i may still be on the right track if i replace them as the previous message suggested?
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace them and you'll find out. Wink
Mattdubyou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: protection good, now on to output Reply with quote

Thanks to Mitch & vtech for help with replacing the resistors. Now my reciever doesn't go into protection mode anymore!

However, now I just get a hum out of the left channel and barely any output from the right. I tried both A & B speakers and jumpers on the pre outs. Anyone had issues with this or have any suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DRA-685 was stuck in protection mode. I measured about 1V not 15V at the points noted. I ordered new resistors from Digi-key (last time was probably 25 years ago as a teenager!) and in 10 minutes had my receiver working again. Thanks so much!!!! Tom
Box K

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: DRA-685 Protection Reply with quote

MY DRA-685 kicks into protection mode when the volumn is increased above 1/3 on the knob. This has happened since it was new. If I turn the volumn down, turn it off and back on again it works fine. I have checked all speakers and wiring. Is this resistor issue the same problem?
paulsaccount

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: This solution worked! Reply with quote

My DRA-685 was working until I was using it with headphones for a couple of hours with the speakers turned off. I turned it off the stereo for the night and tried to start it the next day, but as soon as it turned on it blasted some static noise, then turned on protection mode.

I tried the solution @vtech mentioned and it worked! I orderd the resistors from Parts Express.

Thanks! Very Happy
Gmcneil99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Resistors 105 & 106 Reply with quote

I just replaced resistors 105&106 and am happy to report that my trusty Denon is now working again.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked Perfectly!!
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия