electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need timer relay for old Mustang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamajay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Need timer relay for old Mustang Reply with quote

Hello all,

I need help locating a timer relay for my old 1968 Mustang. The original timer relays are obsolete, and I figure someone here might be able to help me locate a modern replacement. The timer relay powers a light on the dash which is a reminder to use your seat belts. There is no wire harness for this on my car, so there will tap a hot wire coming off of the fuse box (12 volts) I figure to put a inline fuse of 6 amps before the hot wire goes to the relay then a wire coming off of the relay to the bulb socket. I guess the relay will have a tab for a ground wire to complete the circuit.

The operation that I need for the relay is when the car is started the relay powers the light for 15 - 20 seconds then goes out for as long as the car is running. It needs to reset when the car is shut off. Can anyone point me in the right direction to where to find such a relay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия