electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
SAMSUNG SP42W5HFX REAR PROJECTION CRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: SAMSUNG SP42W5HFX REAR PROJECTION CRT Reply with quote

Embarassed
HI EVERY ONE, IM A NEWBIE AND IM IN NEED OF SUM ADVICE.

I HAVE A SAMSUNG SP42W5HFX CRT REAR PROJECTION TV. NOW THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN WATCHING A PROGRAME THERE IS A RED IMAGE OF THE PICTURE TO THE RIGHT OF IT, A BIT LIKE WATCHING A 3D FILM WITHOUT GLASSES. I HAVE TRIED TO FOCUS IT BUT ITS STILL THERE. IVE BEEN TOLD THE IT COULD BE A DRY JOINT OR A RESISTOR OR DIODE, BUT THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME £60 JUST TO LOOK AT IT, IF I DONT GET IT REPAIRED WITH THEM MY MONEY IS NON REFUNDABLE BUT THE £60 WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE REPAIR BILL IF I DECIDE TO REPAIR IT.

I HOPE YOU CAN HELP
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace your convergence IC's. I'm thinking there STK392-040. But look first, this model doesn't ring a bell.
carcus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in all fairness i expect they would want £60 just look at it ... i would charge £60 just to look at it too ... i expect that includes 2 people who collect it in a Van which they have to pay to keep on the road .....
rent on a workshop and so on ... most of the work is done on diagnosing and research etc. rather than actualy repairing it its self ....

ive just had to recent purchase a new Infra-Red Soldering Station for replacing SMD Components etc. on Multi-Layered PCB's which cost £2000 (approx. US$3,600)

the time i had a fault like that on a Samsung Projector TV i spent about 3 or 4 hours messing about with it and looking stuff up, obtaining service manuals, cleaning out the internal filter that was clogged with dust, and causing it to overheat, cleaning the lens's on the projection unit ... the actual fault on the one i looked at only turned out to be an adjustment but after 3 ppls wages came out of what we charged and the petrol for the van to pick it up and 4 hours workshop time we could of earnt 4 times that on normal stuff we really made nothing out of it ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия