electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Beko 12.1 chassis tuning doesn't stop on strong signals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grahamaaron

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Beko 12.1 chassis tuning doesn't stop on strong signals Reply with quote

Hi all,
This Beko 14213T (chassis 12.1 with UHF only) just continues to scan over all signals. Changed the STV8223, thinking it was not dipping the AFC line to the micro very much (only changed by 100mV on the 2.7V DC level, as measured on DVM). Didn't help. Checked the capacitors that were related to a tuning drift fault, as recommend by the legendary plamensl (thanks for your many contributions if you are reading this, you've been a huge help to many I'm sure). I am now starting to think the Micro (IC401) is informed of video presence via the I2C bus, from IC151 (STV2116A).
Any thoughts appreciated.
grahamaaron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Beko chassis 12.1 tuning doesn't stop Reply with quote

Found out a little more. The I2C bus controlled Video Processor chip has an output registor read, during the tuning scan process. 1 bit of this read cycle represents the Video Indenitication. I have spent a little time trying to scope that bit to try to see if the micro is to blame. Does anyone know for sure whether this Video Indentication is the mechanism that is used to tell the onscreen control micro to stop the scan?
another question I have, if this is indent the mechansim used, then what is the AFC line to the micro for? It comes from the IF STV8223 IF system IC.
Fine tuning?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия