electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
I'm Throwing a party !!!!!!! and need your help !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g-money

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: I'm Throwing a party !!!!!!! and need your help !!!! Reply with quote

Okay here's my dillema. My roommates and I are throwing a party next weekend and I'm trying to set up my computer to play all our music for the party. I have an OLD Sansui receiver with OLD Pioneer speakers and what I have done is bought a cord from Best Buy that connects from my computer to the Sansui Receiver. In the past this set up has worked fine but now for some reason now the sound is terrible. The music sounds okay at a very low volume but then when I turn it up the sound gets very poor. My initial thought was the speakers were bad but tried some other new speakers and had the same problem. So not the speakers. This set up has worked in the past so not sure why is sounding so bad now. Maybe the receiver is bad maybe I need a larger gauge speaker wire. Just wondering if anyone out there in cyberspace had any insight. I feel like I've tried everything but to no avail. Please help.

G-Money
Electrodoc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi G Money..

Are you conected to the correct terminal on the P.C.?? (Preferably "Line Out?")..If this isn't available on your sound card then speaker out will be o.k. Remember to check all volume levels on sound card driver!! Set all volumes high but knock the master down to 50 - 75%. Also mute the microphone!

If to no avail, Then check the audio wire is going to one of the Inputs on your Music Centre, "Aux, Line in,Tape in or Tuner" etc. And NOT into Phono/Mic.

What was the lead that you bought? If you had to plug it into your electricity supply or use batteries in it then this is the wrong type of lead.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turn the computer volume down to where it sound good coming out of the amp
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
turn the computer volume down to where it sound good coming out of the amp

..& you are responding to a 2004 posting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия