electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi TV switches off and back on randomly
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cosmo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Hitachi TV switches off and back on randomly Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi C28WD2TN TV that is coming up for 5 years old. It has started turning itself off and then immediately back on again for no apparent reason. Random times of the day or other external influences. Anyone seen this, or have anything to try to track down the problem or prevent it?

Cheers,

Cosmo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hitachi TV switches off and back on randomly Reply with quote

Cosmo wrote:
I have a Hitachi C28WD2TN TV that is coming up for 5 years old. It has started turning itself off and then immediately back on again for no apparent reason. Random times of the day or other external influences. Anyone seen this, or have anything to try to track down the problem or prevent it?

Cheers,

Cosmo
r950,r951 e r952
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Hitachi C28WD2TN Reply with quote

Yes I have a Hitachi C28WD2TN that does exactyly the same, switches off and then on randomly. It sometimes goes two or three weeks without doing it and then it will happen three times in one evening. I have no explaination though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a known fault. Mine does it too.

Question

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto, Hitachi C28W410SN. Be warned mine has been doing this for a few months now and has finally given up the ghost and won't turn on anymore, just flickers then goes straight into standby mode.

R950, R951....... ?????????
dav

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: hitachi problems switching off Reply with quote

a message to all you people with these problems with your hitachi tvs take the back off you set check for dry joints on transistors where the frame ic is come down in a straight line towards the front end of chassis
and solder every transistor in sight this model are bad for this fault after having soldered these also solder around the sound output chip
MIDGLS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: HITACHI C28WD2TN Reply with quote

HAVE THE SAME FAULT HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR SOME TIME HITACHI KNOW ABOUT THIS FAULT BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. SPOKE TO A MAN IN COMET AND THIS IS NOT THE ONLY MODEL THAT DOES THIS THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER HITACHI MODELS OUT THERE THAT DO THIS. DO YOU KNOW THE NEW LAW PAST IN SCOTLAND AND ENGLAND. DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS BUT IT GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS THAT IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A WHITE GOOD (T.V, FRIDGE ETC) IN THE PAST 4YRS IN SCOTLAND 5YRS IN ENGLAND AND STILL HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE YOU CAN TAKE IT BACK TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE AND DEMAND THAT THEY EITHER 1. REPAIR THE T.V OR REFUND IT IF IT CAN NOT BE FIXED. YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR PART OF THE COST DEPENDING ON THE AGE OF IT.
guestmick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: hitachi Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi TV that now does this exact same thing, its is only 18 months old, does anyone know the best way of resolving the matter?
jomitch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Hitachi TV Reply with quote

I also have the Hitachi C28W410SN. My TV resets it's self every time the picture format changes, or there is a blip in the film. The worst times are when adverts are showing. The problem stems around the auto reset feature, but I don't know how to turn it off. Does anyone have the key to get into the service mode. If we could get into that, and turn it off I think that would maybe solve the problem.I have emailed the manufacturer to try and get the sequence but they haven't answered my email. I would welcome anyone giving me the sequence to get into the service mode, and then try and help others with their problem.
Thanks
alexxxzan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: hitachi c32wd2tn Reply with quote

my television started turning itself off when turned on initially and i had to go through the proceedure of briefly waiting and then turning it back on. It started doing it when it was about 3 years old then stopped doing it until about 2 months ago. It now turns itself off when switched on from cold several times. After it has been switched back on a couple of times it stays on and there is no problem. Anyone know if this can be cured easily and cheaply or is it time to replace?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия