electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi TV switches off and back on randomly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most common is dry jionts on ic 951
William

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Hatachi C28W4105N switching itself on and off Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
most common is dry jionts on ic 951

I've got the same problem. All the above suggestions above have been checked to no avail.

Has anyone solved this problem by finding any other fault.
Dr Dave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Hitachi tv's Reply with quote

Most models of that era have a Known fault of the Regulater IC going dry joint. Pads are very small and you need to clean away to enlarge B4 soldering
[email protected]
William

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hitachi tv's Reply with quote

Dr Dave wrote:
Most models of that era have a Known fault of the Regulater IC going dry joint. Pads are very small and you need to clean away to enlarge B4 soldering
[email protected]

Thank you Dr Dave. I will put your recommendation to my repair man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Int. going to Standby Reply with quote

Hello,
Apart from checking all stabiliser ICs', links (solder top and bottom), etc.and checking for poor connections, there was a mod., to add a spring from the top of the wire clamp on the LOPTX, to the heat sink of the line transistor -(this was for the set going into standby, but coming out, if switched on via the handset.)
Best of luck
golden boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: hitachi C28WD2TN2 Reply with quote

My television is 5 years old, but has been turning itself on and off at random for a couple of years now. Just lately the problem has been getting worse. I twice emailed Hitachi who did not have the curtesy to reply. I telephoned them only to be told that this turning on and off of the television is a SAFETY feature indicating that there is something wrong with a component. They were quite willing to give the telephone number of a local authorised Hitachi engineer, but not willing to admit to a common fault of any sort.
chrisholduk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new sony what did exactly the same thing,switching on and off randomly and it was just dry joints.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Int. going to Standby Reply with quote

guest wrote:
Hello,
Apart from checking all stabiliser ICs', links (solder top and bottom), etc.and checking for poor connections, there was a mod., to add a spring from the top of the wire clamp on the LOPTX, to the heat sink of the line transistor -(this was for the set going into standby, but coming out, if switched on via the handset.)
Best of luck

guest, thank you.

My TV still switches itself off then switches itself back on again immediately. I've had a local TV repair man who soldered all the joints. This enabled the TV to be switched on easily with no problems, whereas before it was difficult to switch on. BUT now the TV STILL switches itself off and on at random. My repair man has given up on it, he says he can find nothing wrong.

Will the modification you suggest stop the fault on my TV?

Hatachi's offical service team wants seventy pounds sterling, call out charge before the start charging for any repair. I've rang them but they won't say what may be wrong.

All these people with same problem, I wonder if any others have the same problem even after soldering all joints as I have?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: hitachi C28WD2TN2 Reply with quote

golden boy wrote:
My television is 5 years old, but has been turning itself on and off at random for a couple of years now. Just lately the problem has been getting worse. I twice emailed Hitachi who did not have the curtesy to reply. I telephoned them only to be told that this turning on and off of the television is a SAFETY feature indicating that there is something wrong with a component. They were quite willing to give the telephone number of a local authorised Hitachi engineer, but not willing to admit to a common fault of any sort.

Golden Boy,

That's what they told me about 'safety'.

Please let me know if you get it fixed, and how.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inspiring responding augers eighteens deceitful brownies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия