electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
make-shift TV antenna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
changintimes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: make-shift TV antenna Reply with quote

i have one of those thick antenna cables connected to the back of my tv,

it is actually all connected through a 3 way switcher, a jack for the (vcr, dvd and TV), and one for the cable box, and one for the antenna,

my stations all come in very fuzzy for the TV,

but when i disconnect the TV cable from the 3 way switcher, and put my fingers firmly around the tiny pin in the middle of the cable, the reception becomes crystal clear,

my antenna on my house was knock off by the wind awhile back, 3 stories high,

i am the kind that would fall if i got up on a ladder and i don't have the money right now for a proffessional repair man,

but, since my experience with my fingers and body as an antenna, it seems to me i should be able to make some kind of an effective make shift antenna for now that i can keep in the house, like from a coat hanger,

would appreciate any good suggestions for how to do this,

thanks very much,

larry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could get a length of wire with a small alligator clip on the end, clip it to the centre pin and put the wire somewhere......
......Have you seen an English show called Mr.Bean?? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия