electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sony kv32xbr96s blinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claudem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: sony kv32xbr96s blinks Reply with quote

hi
i have 2 troubles with my sony
backgroung is suppose to be black but now with dim green also had to lowered down gamp from 15 to 4 to almost remove over green(splashing to right) worse on a dvd, example if i watching a dvd in large screen format 16/9 the top and bottom suppose to be black but not its dim black/green.every thing thats should be black is mixed with green color.

second problem led blinks none stop for 3 minutes with sound but no picture then picture comes back on for few seconds the goes away again
then come s back ok till shutting off tv
p.s on every startup hv is present and heater is always on on crt
all other colors ok .
thanks for your help
claude
carcus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my experiance of FIVE Blinks---AKB circuit (AKB) it is more often than not that the CRT is at fault .... especialy so the way you have described the symptoms .........
by all means check the video circuit on the CRT base Printed Circuit Board and check any high value resistors there too especialy ... i have know the resistors on the G2 / Screen go high or open circuit on the odd ocasion ..... i'll check any service notes i may have for that chassis just in case there is anything else worth checking or worth knowing about and if so ill add any info later ..... best of luck
carcus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i forgot to say ... on most Sony's with a faulty CRT, at the time while there is no picture push the teletext button on the remote control ..... if you get teletext ok but when you go back to normal picture it goes again this is also a good indicator of CRT faulty ... well rule of thumb in any case
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 3 video driver IC's on the crt board. Use the tunner as ground and read the dc voltage on all three. If there all about the same, it narrows it down to the tube. Also you can try adjusting the screen voltage from the flyback to keep the set up.
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: sony Reply with quote

continuos blinks :No reply from the jumgle ic. Data bus is busy and shorted to ground or held high ,IK video path is defective. don't say that's your problem. Do what Mimmi sais check those video ic's on the crt board like say you have 150v in the read 150v in the blue and say 50 in the green than take out the crt from the tube measure the green and if it goes to the 150v like the others than you have a defective tube .And the green more in the DVD is because the dvd player is not sony>> is it ?.
aerti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: FIVE Blinks Reply with quote

Hi

i have also 2 problems with sony tv.

when opened led blinks five times all the time, non-stop.

now when i tried to turn on, the screen is black. it's impossible to turn on the tv too see the picture and led blinks five times all the time without any picture at all. i tried everything but nothing works.

can that be fixed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия