electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Code to get out of "lock down" service menu? 30PW9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Assassin X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Code to get out of "lock down" service menu? 30PW9 Reply with quote

Ok, the tv a HD Philips model number 30PW9100D. I need the code to get out of the "lock down" service menu. If your lost read below.

Heres the story. Best Buy came to fix my screen because it had an overscan problem. Well all was good until I notice the bottom left of the screen was REALLY warped in. So I called them back out also to fix a port on the back of my TV. Well the guy ordered the part and I said "Can you fix that screen still?" He said "Next time". I said I really need that screen fixed because I use this tv for gaming mostly. He huffed and said next time.

So the short of it is two months later they don't have the part and he never came back even though I mentioned a few times I still need the screen fixed non the less! Well they are replacing my tv in a few weeks but until then MY SCREEN needs to be fixed and they won't come out. So I went into the service menu my self since I seen it when he was over the first time. Its not like you have to be a genius to do it. It says "Horizontal and Vertical" You can't mess it up. While adjusting the screen my friend turned off another tv nearby and it accidentally turned off my tv!

Now when I turn on my tv it shuts off and the green ligth next to the inferred sensor (sensor panel) it blinks once for 2 seconds then 3 short blinks! I come to find out its in some kind of lock down. Or so says another friend who repairs tvs. Although when I turn it on for that split second I notice the screen is "tilted" nearly to the top like it kept adjusting the screen when it got turned off.

REGARDLESS OF THE PROBLEM I need the code to "unlock" my tv! Does anyone have it? Its ashame this all happen because Best Buy is bad at their job. I have never had such problems with them before.
frank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try unplug from the wall outlet for soime time and replug again.
Assassin X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I even left it unplugged for a few day waiting for the default stuff to kick in. But I am not sure how long you have to leave it that way or if that will even matter now.

I also noticed I can only turn it on once. Once I do and it turns off I am unable to turn it back on unless I unplug it and plug it back in. Its like its waiting for that code, or so says that guy again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия