electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sanyo TV 32" DS32225 Screen Not Bright Enough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcussss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Sanyo TV 32" DS32225 Screen Not Bright Enough Reply with quote

I just bought this television used, and when I got it home I discovered the screen is noticeably not as bright as my old 27" Panasonic. I have the contrast and brightness turned up all the way, but when pure white parts are displayed, they are a bit gray. Any way to brighten the screen?
gilloz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Screen not bright enough Reply with quote

The controls that the user has access to, is as far as you can go in making adjustments. Anything else will require a schematic or service manual and some knowledge of the adjustments located on the motherboard. Most newer TV's have all the adjustments programmed by accessing them with the remote control and using your screen for the menu. Again, you need the service manual to know the code to access this program. Other then that, you need to take the TV to a professional.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What then would a professional do (and charge) to brighten the screen? Is it worth taking it in to be looked at? I mean, the television is tolerable, but it would be nice to have it brighter.
gilloz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Brighten screen Reply with quote

Ok Marcussss. You have to ask yourself, how much are you willing to pay to correct this problem vs getting a new TV? The CRT type flat screens are slowly being pushed out by LCD's and Plasmas TV's. Right now a 27" flat screen CRT type runs near $225, less rebates, here in So. Cal. Get an estimate as to what a repair shop will charge you to repair your 32" and then decide which way to go. Ask yourself, "is it worth it"? I would venture a guess of $60 to $70 per hour for labor plus parts. Again, I don't know what they would charge in your town. It all comes down as to what you can afford to live with. Not an easy decision or solution.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, you can take the back off the set and turn up the screen control on the flyback. The one with the red wire going to the picture tube.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a knob or a noticeable switch on the flyback that I can "turn up"? Is this dangerous to do???
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if you stick your finger in it! If you go too high, you'll see white lines/retrace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия