electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Daewoo TV fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Daewoo TV fault Reply with quote

Hello,

This is my first post here, I used too tinker with electronics (music effects and amps) but I don't know a huge amount.

Yesterday my Daewoo TV stopped working, model is 2898ST, and it's about 6 ish years old.

I wasn't there at the time but swmbo says that it went pop twice and then went off. I've had a quick look inside and can't see any sign of burning or burst / leaking caps.

When it's powered on I can hear a regular ticking like noise from the right-hand side of the board, could be arcing but again I can't see anything.

Any ideas on what has failed.

Thank you,

Ian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the horizontal output transistor for shorts?
ian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Would this be one of the small transistors on the board or one of the heatsink mounted ones, where abouts on the board is this transistor located? Also would this cause the set to appear dead, (apart from the regular ticking sound)? I can put an image of the board up somewhere if this would help, but not until tonight.

I have a small multimeter (but it has no transistor test facility), can I test the transistor in situ? and what should I measure / look for?

Thanks for the reply, I would really like to get it going again as I can't afford to replace it or even have it repaired at the moment.

Ian
ian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

Okay, after lots of reading of the FAQ and other pages I've got a bit further.

The HOT checked out as shorted when in situ, I then removed it and it still shows only an ohm or so across B-C, B-E and C-E in both directions, I take it this means it's dead?

Are there any specific components I should look at that may have failed and caused the HOT to go or anything that may have failed due to the HOT failing? Probably lots, but please help.

Before I removed the HOT I checked to see if there was ~132v between the C and E and there was no voltage present between any of the three pins, is this just a symptom of the HOT failure - power supply not coming up / regulating?

I've found three fusable resistors that all check out ok, a 60w bulb in series with the mains lead glowed bright with the HOT in place and still glows bright with the HOT removed. Does this mean that there is still a short somewhere and where should I look?

Any and all help appreciated.

Ian
cobra562

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: your tv Reply with quote

sounds like the dpm001t1 went on this set.its a small board front is blue back is white.6 pins on one end and 5 on the other.High failer part on dawoo sets.Easy to replace and thier 4-5.00 at vancebaldwin.com
allanm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Daewoo fault Reply with quote

I just found this forum. If you haven't got your set working yet, it's almost a certainty that the line output transformer has blown the transistor. A common fault with these sets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия