electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips...I must own the only one like this on the planet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCorson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Philips...I must own the only one like this on the planet. Reply with quote

Hello, I have a Philips 64PP9701 (RPHDTV).I have found little to no info on this set. Philips will not even acknowledge my efforts for info. This is an amazing piece of equipement. It was on the up side of $7000.00 new, it is now right at 5 years old and still has an awesome picture, even in 480i mode. They must not of made it for very long, or just didn't sell enough of them, to explain the lack of fellow owners and info. My question is: When the crosshatch is displayed (in service mode)the grid has two lines closer together than the rest on each side edge of the screen, (top,bottom,middle lines are all good)this is only at the left and right sides.(the other lines are evenly spaced to create the grid squares) The problem is these two edge lines are wider and out of focus compared to the rest. G2 and focus are set good as the rest of grid lines look narrow and sharp. If I change the Value in the Dynamic focus register, I can get one side of these lines to become narrow and focused like the others, but it leaves the other side lines wide and blury(basically leaves the other side untouched) You don't notice it during moving video, but if text is displayed near the edge of screen, it is sharp and focused until you get close to the last couple of letters, and these are fat and blury. I keep the convergence tight so there are no alignment issues. I think there must be another service menu setting that will correct the other side of the screen...does this sound even close or am I missing it by a mile? Many of the service menu settings are abbreviated and don't make much sense. If someone could please shed some light on this for me you will own the title TV GOD. I have tried everyone I can think to ask about this...like I said you would think Philips would be helpful......but nope....I'm just pissin in the wind! Thank you, I know your time is valuable.
Magoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides dynamic focus there is nothing else you can change to correct that. Almost all projection sets have that flaw. Some correct it better that others.
You could try lens adjustment but you will lose some center focus.
Bcorson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Philips from hell Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I think I will try GENTLEY a little twist on the lens. I wasn't sure if that would have fixed this issue, but its easy and worth a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ