electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need power supply schematic for Compaq FP5315

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyGuru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Need power supply schematic for Compaq FP5315 Reply with quote

I am trying to diagnose problams with the power suply in my Compaq FP5315 15" LCD monitor. The PS is internal to the monitor. Anyone have a schematic diagram for this monitor? My web searches have turned up void Sad Thank you!
eric.bower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: FP5315 Monitor Reply with quote

I have a problem with my FP5315 monitor - when powered on, it flicks on, then off again. Did you have any luck?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it doesn't help at the mo, but I too am trying to find information on my FP 5315 which powers on and off at short intervals when started, this lasts about 5 mins before normal service resumes. Until a month ago it was fine, went away for a week and the problem started. Think the long period of no use may have had something to do with it. Anyone else with this power on off problem? as I wonder if it is a manufacture fault.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm experiencing the same issue. Powers on, displays a clear image for half a second or so, then seems to power down for a second, then repeats.

Until recently, turning it off (or just unplugging the power) for a short while would mean it would be stable next time. Now it seems to just stay flickering, making it useless.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,i don't know if this information is of any use as i am new to forums.i have recently encountered power on problems with the fp5315 lcd monitor.the faults were very similar to the ones listed.on the internal power supply there is a zenner diode on the under side of the board.this is clearly marked with 7.5B and is surface mounted.it is 7.5v and is easily replaced.this diode was directly shorted and was burnt out.i replaced it with a standard 7.5v at 1.3w sourced from maplin electronics.Type BZV85C 7v5 order code QF50E at 12p each.this component has a polarity which is marked by a line,follow this polarity.this seems to have done the trick as it has now been running for 6 1/2 hours with no problems.i hope this information is of some use.i give this information freely but i am not responsible for any problems either through damaged equipment or personal injury.taking the right precautions this is easily executed.if you are unsure get a qualified person to do it.
vicgrana2

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: HI EVERYONE! Reply with quote

I'm from Mexico and I have the same problem posted up, a Diode has burn out cuz a electric discharge I'm going to do that you posted about and then I post what happend...

THNX!!

Victor
hogwillie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
hi,i don't know if this information is of any use as i am new to forums.i have recently encountered power on problems with the fp5315 lcd monitor.the faults were very similar to the ones listed.on the internal power supply there is a zenner diode on the under side of the board.this is clearly marked with 7.5B and is surface mounted.it is 7.5v and is easily replaced.this diode was directly shorted and was burnt out.i replaced it with a standard 7.5v at 1.3w sourced from maplin electronics.Type BZV85C 7v5 order code QF50E at 12p each.this component has a polarity which is marked by a line,follow this polarity.this seems to have done the trick as it has now been running for 6 1/2 hours with no problems.i hope this information is of some use.i give this information freely but i am not responsible for any problems either through damaged equipment or personal injury.taking the right precautions this is easily executed.if you are unsure get a qualified person to do it.

I had a similar problem. I fixed it with the data supplied by the referenced post. I thank the person who posted this information!
The original problem was that when I tried to turn on the monitor the power led would flash green for half a second or so, the go black. No power.
This is what I did.
I opened the case and checked the fuse. It was good.
I looked at the capacitors and noticed all five of the 470 uf, 16V, 105 C and both of the 1000 uf, 16 V, 105 C units were domed on the top. This is an indication of “Capacitor Plague.” “Capacitor Plague” is caused by the dielectric in the capacitor breaking down under excessive strain (voltage ripple/spiking and heat). This releases hydrogen from the dielectric which caused the capacitor to degrade. This eventually results in failure. I replaced all of the capacitors with 25 V, 105 C (the next higher voltage rating with the same temperature rating) caps.
I also replaced the 7.5 V Zener Diode connected to pin 6 of the PWM. This is ZD904 on my monitor’s power supply PCB but may be different on yours. The tech data is very bad and the Tech manual part numbering doesn’t match the numbers on the PCB. Since this is a surface mount diode, and since I couldn’t find one like it at my local supplier, I used a 5 watt (massively over sized for the application) 7.5 V unit and it worked. It does require some care in the soldering of it in place. I did this because I read about it in the above post. I just took the shot and it worked.
In any event, having replaced the capacitors and that Zener Diode, the monitor is functioning again.
I hope this helps. Good luck.
Bill
microknight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I fixed this very same proble this morning. I found this post looking for a schematic this evening.
In my case the PCB above the said diode was showing signs of over heating. and the diode was completely dry of solder. I think the solder had been heating an sublimating until the joint on the diode was dry. I tested the diode and it was fine. So I reflowed the joints and the monitor now works OK. However the diode will probably still get hot and fail again in the future.
Does anyone have a schematic they could email me?
thanks
Graeme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ