electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Insignia IS-DVD1001 DVD/VCR RECORDER SMPS power problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crhudman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Insignia IS-DVD1001 DVD/VCR RECORDER SMPS power problem Reply with quote

I have the subject unit which has a bad controller IC in the primary side of the SMPS PCB. I have tried to cross-reference the IC through many supply sources and seach engines without any results. The identification on the EC is: Shocked

ICE 380565 Question
6 or G 446LOP Question
XX406005K03 Question

On the power board the ID is 6870R2289AA dated 2005.02.07 (Feb 7 2005) and the IC is IC101. Since I cannot properly ID the IC, I cannot give a good pin-out. This is an 8 pin DIP configuration. The -VCC goes to pin 8 and pins 4 & 5 are connected to the Xformer through a choke. There is no connection to pin 7.

This power supply is similiar to the ones in GoVideo Go Video's for their models VR3930 and VR4940. The only difference basically is the Control IC's with different pin outs. All the connectors are the same except for the voltage out plug for the DVD burner. It is a non-standard connector which can be modified to use if I cannot get the Insignia PS going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since the SMPS sytem is new to me even though I've been in electronic repair for over 40 years. I'm not to old to learn more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Insignia IS-DVD1001 DVD/VCR RECORDER SMPS power problem Reply with quote

crhudman wrote:
I have the subject unit which has a bad controller IC in the primary side of the SMPS PCB. I have tried to cross-reference the IC through many supply sources and seach engines without any results. The identification on the EC is: Shocked

ICE 380565 Question
6 or G 446LOP Question
XX406005K03 Question

On the power board the ID is 6870R2289AA dated 2005.02.07 (Feb 7 2005) and the IC is IC101. Since I cannot properly ID the IC, I cannot give a good pin-out. This is an 8 pin DIP configuration. The -VCC goes to pin 8 and pins 4 & 5 are connected to the Xformer through a choke. There is no connection to pin 7.

This power supply is similiar to the ones in GoVideo Go Video's for their models VR3930 and VR4940. The only difference basically is the Control IC's with different pin outs. All the connectors are the same except for the voltage out plug for the DVD burner. It is a non-standard connector which can be modified to use if I cannot get the Insignia PS going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since the SMPS sytem is new to me even though I've been in electronic repair for over 40 years. I'm not to old to learn more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия