electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
46" RCA TV, power but no picture, makes a clicking soun
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: 46" RCA TV, power but no picture, makes a clicking soun Reply with quote

i have a 46" RCA bigscreen tv, model # p4631at. the power comes on but there is no picture, and it sounds like the tv has a "heartbeat", it's making a clicking sound over and over.

i dont know anything about tv repair, what could this be and how do i check it? i dont want to pay a shop to do it

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the chassis number is ptk169pga in case this is needed, i forgot it in my 1st post
frank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: ctc169 Reply with quote

Tech needs to check the power supply voltages in the Standby mode. In Standby mode, if the B+, at the collector of the horizontal output is too high the tech needs to replace CR4101, CR4106, C4102. The cathode of both of these rectifiers must be within 1 volt of each other. Monitoring CR4101(K) was 15.9 CR4106(K) was 2.5 volts. The standby feed back voltage is too low. Its voltage is greater than 1 volt difference.
frank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: ctc169 Reply with quote

also check CR4118

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a schematic of the wiring available for this tv somewhere online? i have no idea what any of those parts look like or where they are on the tv

also, are those parts expensive?
stevestar999

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't know what Frank is talking about it's something you shouldn't be fooling with. Either buy a new set or pay a professional to fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Either buy a new set or pay a professional to fix it.

believe it or nor, we arent all made of money and can just "buy a new set" whenever we want.

are there any schematics for this tv or not?
stevestar999

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trying to do you a favor. RCA power supplies are hell to work on. I've been doing this for 30 years and what Frank said is good info, but could be only the beginning of what's wrong with the set. Call around for a service company that will give you a ball park est. of $300-$400 over the phone. If someone what to charge you $100 just to come out, try another company. I charge $50 for diagnostic service which is apart of the total repair cost if the set is fixed.

If you want to waist your time and money, here you go.
vancebaldwin.com
tritronicsinc.com
sams photofact (I don't know the address)
USE ONLY RCA ORIGINAL PARTS....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i opened up the cover in the back, and turned it on... now it doesnt make the "heartbeat" sound like it was, you can hear a "hummm" noise from the back of the set when you are close to it. but still no picture. also, with the cover off i noticed the "bulbs" glow a little bit, but dont come on completely

i also found a full wiring schematic for the TV. please let me know if i should still be checking the same things frank said, or maybe something different now, since it's not making the "heartbeat" sound like before
Barbara Ann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: where are you located tv repair man Reply with quote

was wanting to know where you are located i do a/c and heating and in no mood to repair a tv or know of anybody in the dallas tx area info greatly appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия