electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA's new service menu
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevestar999

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: RCA's new service menu Reply with quote

I was working on a fairly new RCA projection (R52WH74) and tracked down the new service menu access code off the net somewhere, which I can't find now.
(Turn set OFF, Press "Menu", "Volume Down" and "Channel Down" all at the same time for 8 seconds and the set comes on with the service menu). Which was great to do the convergence and geometry. The problem is that when I when back into it to do some touch up work, I pressed "MENU" "Volume UP" "Channel UP" and launched it's set-up program. Now every time the set is turned ON, it goes into the set-up routine. DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TURN OFF THE "INITIAL SET-UP", SO IT DOESN'T COME ON EVERY TIME.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ctc is it?
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to unplug set from the power mains for some time and see .
stevestar999

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a ctc chassis. The set was sold "as is " for junk by Wal-mart. It's less than a year old. It's not your old V76/V80 service menu. This is a whole new service set-up routine. RCA.com doesn't acknowledge they made this set. Fortunately my customer said they would live with it , while I track down the remedy for this annoyance. The original problem with the set was the primary power supply bridge diode and the doubler diodes where sorted out, easy fix. Once I got it running, the factory convergence set-up was very poor, the auto-focus worked like most do, crappy. The "new" service menu is very easy to use and has prompts as to how to adjust the set. It was when I used the old "UP" buttons access that got me into trouble. SO IF YOU RUN INTO ONE OF THESE, IT'S "DOWN, DOWN"!!!!
DON'T PRESS "VOL/CHANNEL UP" UNLESS YOU GOT THE NEW SET OF CODES. I TRIED ALL POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS TO BACK OUT OF THIS MODE. NO LUCK. I know it's going to be something stupid, I just don't know what it is. If there are any factory RCA techs out there, I bet your having a good laugh.
cjpilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: r52wh74 Reply with quote

it may not have a ctc chassis number but it DOES have a chassis number. without that number i would not be able to assist you. thanx
MacGeek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: r52wh74 Reply with quote

cjpilot wrote:
it may not have a ctc chassis number but it DOES have a chassis number. without that number i would not be able to assist you. thanx

I believe for the R52WH74 that would be :

ITC222A

At least it is on mine. I hope this helps.
Quidsane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is happening to my set as well. What's the remedy?
MDoggie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: problems with my r52wh74 Reply with quote

I am having a very strange problem with an r52wh74. When in 1080i mode, the image is "too big". As in, it overfills the screen. It works fine over standard definition programming, and anything in 480p mode. It only seems to happen in 1080i mode. I am not having any luck getting into any service mode thus far. I power off the TV, and then hold the menu, vol down, and channel down buttons at the same time for quite a while, but, the tv does not seem to turn on or go into any service mode. Any suggestions on why the service mode isn't working, or what to do about this overfilling of the screen in 1080i mode???
titanescape

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up this morning and my tv looks like it's broadcasting in 3D. After reading the manual appears the convergence is off(for some reason). There is not and adjustment for this under the setup menu as the manual states. I tried to enter the "menu" + "channel down" +"volume down" for 8 seconds and nothing happens. I hope this is a setting problem and it's not the TV tripping. It's less than a year old. It is an RCA R52WH74 model.

Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanescape wrote:
I woke up this morning and my tv looks like it's broadcasting in 3D. After reading the manual appears the convergence is off(for some reason). There is not and adjustment for this under the setup menu as the manual states. I tried to enter the "menu" + "channel down" +"volume down" for 8 seconds and nothing happens. I hope this is a setting problem and it's not the TV tripping. It's less than a year old. It is an RCA R52WH74 model.

Thanks

Thanks for buying RCA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия