electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Zenith PV4663RK Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_joe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Zenith PV4663RK Problem Reply with quote

Greetings. When I turn on the tv I hear sound but get no picture. If I shake the board next to the power supply board around a little and then turn on the tv, I get the image and sound and everything seems to work fine. I don't have any experience with projection tvs, so I'm hoping someone can give me a little advice on what I should for or replace.

Regards,
Joe.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try on the A-17821 board solder pin on 8 pin plug.
st_joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will try it. Which board is the A17821? I am really green so unless it has a flashing light that reads "I'm the A17821 Board", I'm clueless.

I removed the two boards that are mounted in the plastic tray to see if I could find any cracked solder joints. So far I haven't seen any problems.

Thanks for any insight.
Joe.
st_joe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: I think I'm almost there... Reply with quote

Thanks again for your response.

For the heck of it I reconnected the two boards that share the black plastic frame and turned the tv back on. Now I get sound and picture every time I turn it on, but I hear intermittent popping sounds with flashes of light that seem to be coming from the white connectors next to the tubes under each of the three color bulbs. It's like these connectors are randomly arching. Is this a tell tale sign of something on the verge of failure or is it more likely a loose connection somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try soldering up the connectors on the bottom of the board.
st_joe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: PV4663RK Help. Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help Minnie. I soldered the connections for the 8 pin plug on the A17821 board and the picture is back!

Can you exlpain how the convergence setup is supposed to work on this tv? I can get the red to converge, but when I switch to the color convergence I see a blue halo around the white convergence lines. There is also a halo around what looks to be text at the top of this screen (I can't make out the words.) I can center the blue halo about the white convergence lines, but when I return to the normal screen I see halos around the brighter objects presently on the screen? Is there another solder connection somewhere that I should be supicious of?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Joe.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your convergence IC's took a dump. STK392-110? Look at Open R3243(110k-.5w) and or R3244(82k-.5w), this is a start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия